Reincarnate yourself as a mysterious hero summoned from another time on the distant planet of Teya. Confront the tyrannous God-Emperors and discover the lurking threat to humanity’s very existence.
Your heroic journey begins with a primitive tribe making their first village in the Stone Age. Through research and development, you’ll advance through the ages: Classical, Medieval, Renaissance, Industrialization and finally Space Age! It is quite possible to see primitive tribesmen throwing stones at flying saucers!
Totem Tribe II: Jotun is such a multi-faceted game that appeals to seemingly opposite types of players from hardcore 4X strategy veterans willing to challenge themselves against thousands of other players, to casual strategy enthusiasts; to adventure and RPG aficionados who enjoy non-linear stories, exploration, and mysteries.
- Bold mix of genres: 4X strategy with RPG, adventuring, and more.
- MMO attempt at 4X strategy with thousands of players on single map.
- Compelling story and quests, unusual for strategy MMOs.
- Replayability and Depth: branched choices that matter, randomized content, multiple solutions for every problem - always a unique experience.
- Amazing sound score with nearly 50 tracks - almost 4 hours of diverse music.
- Strategy Features
- Elaborated world map with different climates, topography, fog of war and global resources.
- Explorable and deeply customizable town internals.
- 170 technologies span 9 ages and significantly transform the game as you progress from stone age into the industrialized future.
- Almost 200 buildings with ~10 distinct upgrades each - resulting in more than two thousands hand-created building art pieces - the highest number in any strategy game!
- Dozens of unit types result in tactical battles where unit composition matters as much as army size.
- Wide range of politics for both casual and hardcore players. Everyone can find a way to enjoy MMO aspect in their own way.
- Highly customizable hero portraits hand-drawn with real heart.
- 6 main hero attributes, dozens of perks and infinite amount of gear with generated stats.
- Lots of side-quests and NPCs with unique portraits.
- Old-school, non-linear conversations with characters where your answers can make or break things. Hero stats affect conversations too!
- Intriguing, often humorous and sometimes provoking narrative does not shy away from controversial themes.
- Adventure Features
- Huge world map with ~50 quest areas.
- Explorable quest areas with hundreds of hidden items, monsters, secrets, mysteries, easter eggs.
- Dozens of puzzles and minigames.
- Crafting, fishing, digging for treasures.
- Unexpected guests: characters can visit your towns trying to help or fool you.
- Epic and bizarre side-activities: sing in the opera, help clueless characters to improve their personal life, be the detective, side with thugs, visit "house of pleasures", etc.
- Client-based large-scale 4X strategy MMO
- Clear goals if sandbox gameplay is not your thing - 6 victories (War, Expansion, Wealth, Science, Culture, Adventure) to reach and beat the game
- Plenty of solo side activities to keep you engaged between country development and PvP affairs.
- Diplomacy, alliances, political intrigues, conspiracies - powerful social aspects allow to solve most problems with words alone.